Things to do in Hampton
Hampton is a city rich in history and personality. People of all ages and interests can find something to do. Whether it is shopping, museums, nightlife, fine dining, or even the beach, Hampton has it all.
Downtown Hampton offers a taste of local culture and history. Everything is just a short walk apart. It is also the site of many yearly festivals.
• The Virginia Air and Space Museum has over 100 exhibits from moon rocks to the Apollo 12 command suite. There is also a 3d IMAX theater that is sure to amaze.
• Hampton Carousel is one of 100 antique wooded hand painted carousels left in the United States. It is sure to delight children and the young of heart.
• Boutique She She offers unique clothing and accessories for “the woman of every stripe”.
• Old Hampton Ice Cream Parlor What's a better way to start or end a day exploring the downtown area than with a big scoop of ice-cream.
• The Grey Goose offers up tasty soups, salads and sandwiches that are unique and delicious. The owner spent years as a corporate chef.
• Hampton History Museum covers the history of the area starting with the indigenous population into modern times.
The Powerplant has venues that offer something for everyone. It is your one stop shop for night life.
• PBR- Is a self proclaimed cowboy bar. They offer live music, a dance floor, outdoor seating area, and a mechanical bull.
• Luckies- Dance club playing the top hits and your favorite tunes from the past. The staff is sure to please with friendly service and great looks.
• Nascar Grill -Virginia's largest sports bar has a unique design with a media viewing pit. It has a 16-foot TV screen and a 4,000 square-foot enclosed deck. It's the perfect place to have a party, watch a game, or just grab a drink.
• Tapps- For the beer connoisseur in your life, Tapps offers weekly rotating drafts and a huge selection of beer.
Peninsula Town Center
Looking to do a little bit of everything? Peninsula Town Center is jam packed with 52 retails stores, 16 restaurants, and a movie theater. There is something for everyone. Here are two of the restaurants worth checking out.
• Bensi- serving up delicious Italian dishes in a beautiful setting.
• Bar Louie- Looking for a small bite to eat and a delicious drink? Bar Louie is famous for their in house martini mixes. They also offer a selection of burgers, sandwiches and tasty appetizers.
Looking for a place to do some retail therapy? Here are a few of the retail offerings.
• Forever 21
• Victoria Secret
Buckroe BeachVirginia Beach isn’t the only place to get your ocean fix. Buckroe Beach has 8 acres of sandy beaches to enjoy any time of year. During the summer months the area is alive with music and fun. The beach front hosts a summer concert series and a family movie night. Looking for a place to have a family picnic? Buckroe has free covered picnicking areas
2012 © VacationChannels.com, All Rights Reserved